Projects are the highest level of information with respect to your work in FieldDoc. A user can create multiple projects in their account and from there, step through a process of adding metrics, sites and practices. Before we tackle all of that, let's look at the high level details of a project.
Entering and maintaining your project information will constitute how you spend most of your time in the system. As such, we’re going to step through each component of building a project out and maintaining it. Early on, you will notice that we’ve replicated the pattern at every level so once you hit the rhythm of entering data, this should become an easy process for you.
Create a new project
- Click the green plus circle
Step through the fields to enter in all of your general project details. These should match the information that you are sharing through your grant proposal, if applicable.
- Name. Create a project name. In some cases you will be creating this project for a grant program. If this is the case, you may need to add your grant title as the project name. Please refer to our guidance documentation for grant programs utilizing FieldDoc and if you have further questions you can always reach out to your grant program contact.
- Description. Add a description, again if you are creating this project for a grant program, you may want to add the summary from your proposal. If you are unsure, you can always get in touch with your grant program contact or consult our grant program guidance documentation for additional support.
- Organization. Organization will be pre-populated. You can add collaborators at a future screen.
- Grant Program. Choose a grant program that you are submitting this proposal to or that is already funding this project.
- Privacy. Choose the correct privacy setting. You can choose the privacy setting at the project level or if there are only certain locations that need to remain private you can toggle on privacy at those specific locations.
- Important: Click the Green Check Circle to save your work.
Project Landing Page
You will now be brought to the project landing page. On the right hand navigation you want to step through each of those icons to input more details about your project.
Project Funding Program
When you first created the project, you assigned it to a Grant Program that exists in FieldDoc. If, for some reason, you need to edit the grant program associated with this project, do so from this page.
Helpful Funding Program Tip!
If you change the grant program, metrics and geographies identified by the program administrators will change as well and may cause inaccurate updates to your project information.
- Add or remove project members. Remember that given access rights to this project will have full access to all editing capabilities, so make sure you grant these permissions only to people you want to have full access. Project members must have a FieldDoc Account set up to be added.
Add or remove project partners. If applicable, enter the matching contribution and a brief description for each partner organization. Note that this list of organizations will cascade to any sites and practices that you add to this project. From there you’ll have the option to show how you allocated matching funds and services at each site you create for the project. Tip: If the organization you enter doesn’t exist, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and well make sure it is added ASAP.
- Enter the organization Name. Confirm.
- On the next page, enter the dollar amount for any matching contributions provided by the partner. You can add a description as well if needed.
- You can edit and delete partnership organizations at any time by clicking on the edit or trash icons. Important: Keep in mind that if you do this at a project level, it will remove those partners and their allocations to each site.
- The metrics listed here include those that you as a user created and any available through the Funding Opportunity program. The Funding Opportunity Administrator(s) identifies the metrics that they want included.
- TIP: If you have additional metrics not available in the provided list, you can add them through the Metric Types on the Left hand navigation page.
- To add metrics from the list, scroll through the Available Metrics to choose one to add. Add it to your list of Active Targets by clicking on the circled plus sign. Tip: If you don’t see the metric that you want to add, go to the Metric Types Page (available on the left hand side of your page) and create a new metric.
- Once you’ve added a metric by clicking on the circled plus sign, you’ll want to set your target by adding in the value your project will achieve for that metric. You’ll be able to allocate your project totals for each metric at a site and practice scale.
- TIP: Click on the check mark to save your targets. You’ll want to do this before navigating away from the page so that your work is not lost.
- The Funding Program Administrators may offer a choice of tags to assign to your project. Read through the available tags to determine if any apply to your work. If you have questions about what to choose, reach out to your program contact.
Project Overview Page
After you’ve built your project overview, return to your project overview page to checkout a summary of all information you've identified to date.