Now that you’ve created your project overview with your overall project target metrics, it’s time to start entering in specific information. If you would like to organize your practices by location, you can add Sites to your project. This is an optional step. If you do not want to include this middle-layer of geographic representation.
Add a new site
Add a new site by clicking on the plus sign on your Project Overview page under the Sites heading. You will need to scroll down near the bottom of the page to find this option. TIP: You can add multiple sites simultaneously by using the import feature.
Site Name and Description
Each project site needs basic identifying information.
- Name. Choose something easily identifiable for the project implementation team.
- Description. Include a brief description of the site.
- Privacy. This is up to you and we strongly recommend ensuring you have land owner's permission prior to adding their own personal information to the name and description field. You can also adjust privacy setting as needed via the toggle at the bottom.
Add your location
You can draw the geographic boundary using the map draw tools or you can upload a shapefile. Make sure that your .zip file has all of the required components (.shp, .shx, .dbf, and .prj) and that the projection is in WGS1984.
- Important: Make sure you click the big green button to save your changes after you are done editing or adding your geography.
- Important: Check out the Tutorial and read our additional documentation on uploading your shapefile or using FieldDoc's draw tools.